Friday, November 2, 2012

The Art of Block Printing



I thought it about time I took my share of the blog happenings,here goes.  This morning the mother in law of my host Tauby, gave me a tour of the Bakery in the back of the house to select my breakfast.  It was so interesting to see them decorating the cakes, making the sandwiches and calzones and see the gelato machine, most impressive and it took a blueberry muffin and 2 chocolate cookies, very healthy but hey who was looking.  We sat and relaxed and I shared my photos of home, family etc.  I am so lucky to be in this family, the house is a colonial style and I love old homes so I feel very comfortable here.  Tauby took me shopping for some Indian clothes and I was
very pleased with my purchases.  This family is really lovely and so easy to be around.  Thanks to all of you for making me so welcome.


We joined the group for a visit to Spacewood a furniture making factory, which was huge and most interesting, we were treated to another lovely Indian lunch and then got to see the showroom.  Forget the bedroom the kitchens were what Kelly and I wanted to see and dream about, Kelly went for the Olive Green and White combination while I went for, yes you guessed it - dark purple and white, which was so sharp I could have walked out with it on the spot, it had amazing features not seen before. Lotto tickets needed to buy this one.

Next it was on to my vocation day and what a treat to indulge my passion. Rotn. Geeta Rao's workshop where she does block printing.  We saw an orange and wine border print on unbleached cotton and a demonstration of a 3 color block Print, consisting of first one color the an overprint of another of the same block and a third smaller in another color. They do all sorts of things like bed sheets and we also saw 2 plain saris which had been block printed and what a difference it made, a unique sari.













Next on to Geeta's Shop where her one of a kind items thrilled us girls, Alain not so sure, we shall have to work on that aspect!!  Thanks to  Geeta and Shiv for both last night and today from a very grateful GSE 7810 team.

I will go to bed happy tonight after a fabric exciting day.

- Jean

1 comment:

  1. Greetings all! I am back in Canada and really enjoying reading your posts :)) You are truly very fortunate in experiencing such a wonderful GSE experience. Many thanks to your hosts who are exceptional .... so many things in just your first week! Sending greetings from here to all, Carmen

    ReplyDelete